The project group is led by Clare Clouting and the aim of the quality project group is to improve the safety and quality of beer across the independent beer sector through the provision of educational material, technical assistance and by working with the Indies technical group to ensure that members have access to good quality feedback through the Indies competition.
- Ensuring good quality, tangible feedback is provided to the participants of the Indies.
- The creation of the first of many quality and food safety factsheets which will be accessed by members through the website.
- C02 measurement - in line and in pack
- Quality control in packaging
- Grain management - key risks and understanding CofAs.
- Basic beer faults.
- Promotion of BIRA - an industry, not for profit laboratory proficiency scheme aimed at accuracy of on-site brewing laboratories,.
- The creation and roll out of further quality and food safety factsheets:
- Food safety - A guide to risk assessment and HACCP in brewing.
- Basic microbiology and managing the associated risks.
- Implementing a sensory program.
- Vendor assurance and managing raw material risk
- Lab equipment guide.
- Convening of the project to review learnings and feedback from BrewCon 2019 and finalise key priorities and strategy for the balance of the year.
To get involved please email Clare on email@example.com